Saturday, July 5, 2008

OuR FIRST CaMPout

Last weekend we went CAMPING! Yes I said Camping! Ryan has been wanting to go, I think he had this memory of when he was a kid and having this amazing campout. So we finally planned it. We went to Palisade State Park just south of Manti.

We bought Ava a flashlight but she liked the one that Spencer let us borrow. She had it on all night and would not turn it off. It was easy to find her. That is my Cousin Lexie that Ava called her "friend". She would yell at us in the tent that she wanted to play with her friend. Isn't camping great ;)

James, Seth and Anne . . . Chillen.

Yeah that was our campfire. They don't let you have a fire pit so we had to go buy a Fire Pit at Wal Mart. Ryan was mad that he couldn't use his fire making skills (we bought those fire logs that you lite and they last all night).

This was in our tent. It was sooo HOT.


This was at the lake by the campground. It got really windy and Ava about had a heart attack. Ryan had to hold her and all our stuff so it wouldn't blow away.


I went and rented this boat for the day. It was very entertaining! It was only a Peddle boat, cause they don't allow Motorized Boats on the little Lake. I think the top Speed was 2mph!





Yeah there was a golf course right by our campground. If it wasn't for the mosquitos it would have been so nice. They golfed 9 holes in the morning and then came for lunch and hung out at the lake with us. Then after a few hours they went and played 18 more. That was the only way we got my Dad to go camping. He says it was camping from Sun down to Sun up, he had a point.

Ava loves the golf carts. She drove one at the Provo High golf tournament with Ryan and loved every second of it.

My brother Seth when he was little walked around like this all the time, he would tell everyone
"The Sun is in my EARS"

The Manti Temple was so pretty.



Camping... Fun... a LOT of WORK!!... Really Dirty!... I just don't think its for us!

4 comments:

Carebear's Thoughts said...

Great pictures. Ava seems to have enjoyed herself. Camping is fun, but I have to agree it is a lot of work.

Jodi Leishman said...

I love your pictures. We have the best camping spot, it's called the Marriott. All you need is some clean clothes to change into.

Eric said...

Cute pictures as always. I am so proud of you Jamie for going and for going along with Ryan's weird idea that camping is fun - what is wrong with him? Hopefully he learned his lesson and there will be no more camping for any of us :)

Dan and Al Gardner said...

Ya camping isn't for me either. I was born in this material world so that I didn't have to sleep with bugs and use outhouses.